Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Facebook Addict

I joined Facebook about week ago and I am addicted. I have found old co-workers, classmates and even childhood friends. I find myself checking people's status, their pictures and even adding to my own photo album.

In joining Facebook, I have found that some people just add anything to their profiles. One profile read, "Thanking God for all that he has given me! I feel blessed!" Sounds nice right? Well you scroll down the page a little further and read a past status for the very same profile and this is what it read, "Gettin' my club on tonight! Gone show my man some love later!" Yeah, 'nuf said. But I found one that was even better. It was a profile with several photo albums. One of the photo albums in particular was titled: All about me. The photo album had so many bikini, club, sprawled-across-the-bed-trying-to-look-sexy-with-non-matching-bed-sheets, and booty hanging out of short shorts pictures that it was enough to start her own Playboy magazine. Oh but to make this section of her profile better she had her beloved children and all of their wonderful accomplishments. This album title: My Wonderful Fam. Now, in this album are all types of sweet face children getting awards or featured in sports and the oh-so important picture with grandma.

So, let's ask ourselves these important questions: Do you want your children view you entire profile one day? What type of image are you putting across? (sexy pic vs. family pics) Do you want YOUR MAMA to see your profile? What type of job do you have or are applying for while your profile sits in cyberspace making all kinds of crazy first impressions of you?

3 comments:

Stesha said...

Backing away...now I am the only person on the planet who doesn't belong to Facebook.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Lamar @ blackandmarriedwithkids.com said...

FB is crazy like that. The best thing about it is something no one uses- security. Learn how to only allow certain people to see your pics, status updates etc.... thats the way to go.

Jenean said...

Oh, how true!! I haven't stumbled across any friends yet that have racy photos, but I hear you. Stuff stays on the net forever!! I'm on Facebook too. Look me up - Jenean Witherspoon

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin