Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And for that McDonald's, you can sit in TIME OUT!


Yesterday was the worst experience I have had at McDonald's. We probably go there about once a month and this particular one I will not be returning.

It was remodeled last year so it looks very nice and even has a homey decor, fireplace and all. That was pretty much where everything stopped being nice.

While we ordered our food there was this pesky fly swarming around us. I ordered one of their new featured meals. I had a coupon that said if I ordered the fries and drink then I get the burger free. The burger cost $3.99. the discount on my ticket said $3.19. What is wrong with that calculation?

Next, my burger did not have mayo. No biggie. I go to the counter and ask them if get some mayonnaise on my burger.

Cashier: You can but it will be $0.35.
ME: *blank stare*
Cashier: $0.35, yes ma'am.
Me: The burger doesn't come with mayonnaise on it?
Cashier: No ma'am, but we can put some on there for $0.35.
Me: Fine, let me go get it. (back at table, no change in purse, go back to counter)
I was very annoyed at this point.

Me: Here is my debit card. Sorry I don't have any change.
Cashier: Oh that's okay. We'll put some on for you anyway.

Oh, so you just like seeing me sweat and leave my kids at table unattended with the flies that will not leave us alone. Of course, I didn't really say this. I just said thank you and went back to fighting the new flies that had obviously found our table.

While swatting flies, we ate. (Who ever ate at a McD's with a whole bunch of flies swarming around?) We finished up and then of curse my youngest needs to go potty. We forgot our little friend. Okay, I can handle this.

We walked into the bathroom and it looked like the swine flu! I don't know what the swine flu looks like under a microscope but I bet it looks like that bathroom. there was used toilet paper on the floor. It smelled awful. Water was on the floor and the counter top. The whole time I am checking out the scene I am saying to my two year old, "Don't touch anything, Don't touch." You know real calm like so not to upset him but stern enough for him to know she means it. I barely wanted to breathe for fear that a germ could be swallowed through the air. I know--crazy silly thoughts.

Unfortunately when you are potty training and your kids has on underwear and you forgot to bring his potty, then you are going to have to just make due with the 'swine flu' bathroom.

The first stall explained why it smelled awful. "The second stall was just gross. The toilet was smeared, floor was wet and the toilet paper everywhere. We chose the 2nd one because both of our responses with the first one was---EWW!

I took out our wipes and hand sanitizer. I squeezed hand sanitizer on the seat and used wipe to clean it up. I am hoping I killed at 99.9% of the germs. I laid toilet paper on the seat and then he did his business. My only words to my baby while were in this bathroom were, "Don't touch, do not touch, please don't touch anything. Thank you, big boy." I vowed to not forget the potty again.

It was the worst McDonald's experience we have had. I guess it's what happens when you don't feed your family a healthy meal. Their health is threatened in more ways than one.

16 comments:

jmt said...

LOL "don't touch, please do not touch..." Been there. I'm sorry your experience was that bad. BUT....if it makes you feel better, what the 3.19 vs the 3.99 difference WAS.....probably the difference the burger costs in value meal versus by itself. In the meal, it calcs to 3.19 (the fries and drink are all a bit less as well)......hopefully that makes you feel a bit better. LOL If not, it's Friday. Enjoy!

TRochelle said...

Eeeeewww ...that is a terrible experience. I guess they are paying for that remodeling on swipe of mayo and mess at a time.

Tara said...

Awww, man. That was rough. But my daughter won't pee in public, potty seat or no potty seat. I almost don't blame her, but it's a little annoying whenever we're somewhere more than 5 minutes from the house. It's like wrestling to get that child on the toilet. And then she'll hold it and won't pee!
Man, she's stubborn! LOL.

But seriously, McDonalds is fine every once in a while. Just make sure you check the bathroom before you order. LOL.

Radical Selfie said...

I feel you on the public potty with kids woes. I go into drill sergeant mode when I enter a public restroom with my girls. "Touch.Something.And.Die" are usually my first words (LOL)! Sorry to hear you had such a yucky experience though! Guess we should start looking for condiment deals and keeping them in our purses!?!

Kaibee said...

You know what it is really funny how every mom HAS to check out washroom in every single place the she visits!! MY cousin visited this summer and she has a 3 year old daughter!! and no matter where we went, A trip to washroom was compulsory!

nice post!

JaelCustomDesigns said...

*Popping in from SITS

I feel your pain! I can't stand public bathrooms. As for McDonald's shame on them!

Ms. Understood said...

All I can say on that is WOW!!! Oh wait . . . . and Ewwwwwww!!!!

Dee said...

Man you shoulda gotten every single meal free after that.

Then again it is a wonder you never brought it all up. Yuk.

Stepfanie said...

Hi! Stopping by from SITS! You have a very nice blog!

I'm offering blog design services at an affordable price here! Truly Blog Designs

And, I am also offering a discount on my virtual assistant services here for entreprenuers and bloggers! My Advantage Virtual Assistance

Have a good one!

Grand Pooba said...

35 cents, really? Come on Mickey Dee! What has this world come to?

Oh my goodness, maybe the smell from the bathroom is what attracted the flies!?

La Belle Mere said...

Ewwwww...... seriously??! That's gross!

Although I still can't get over the fact that your McD's has a homely/fireplace style... wow!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for the birthday wishes!!

LBM xxx

Carolyn//crr1227@ymail.com said...

I found your blog from comments on another site...I'm happy to see a AAM blog. I've enjoyed what I've read so far...keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a horrible experience. I can't believe they don't keep up the restrooms. I hope you filed a complaint.

N. Angail said...

Looked like the swine flu! hahaha. i can imagine.

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

Swine Flu bathroom! LOL! I surely know what it's like to have to repeat DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!!! I'm shuddering just thinking about it!

Bobbi & Noe said...

I felt like I was there with you during this story! lol I was looking at my receipt from McDonalds the other day and they charged me for the one ranch dressing they gave me for 2 chicken nugget happy meals. What in the world? Next time, I'll probably find they charged me for ketchup!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin