Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Teaching Rhythm and Dance

The other weekend Micheal Phelps hosted Saturday Night Live. We were excited to see him. His acting was horrible by the way, but the kid appreciated him, so I was satisfied for my baby.

We still love you, Mike!

It turns out that ole Phelps is a Lil' Wayne fan. So, you know who the musical guest was this particular night. Usually, my husband and I stay up and watch, but for some reason we had company. The kid (the oldest) really likes Michael Phelps, so I figure no harm. The interesting part was he didn't get most of the jokes and only wanted to see scenes with Phelps. The little one is a copy cat. Whatever the kid does, he follows suit.

Both kids were wide awake for some SNL. When Lil' Wayne performed--- the video below is what happened in my living room. You don't have to finish the whole video to see the point I am initially trying to make--MY CHILDREN HAVE NO RHYTHM.

The little one, maybe ,but the kid....eh.....NOT SO MUCH.


(Sorry about the dark light--I'm no Stephen Spielberg)

I am a little embarrassed. We listen to music on a daily basis, Radio Disney - mostly. But, when they are in the car with my husband it is Urban radio and nothing else. So why do they not have what we assume should be natural to US? How can we successfully make the Family Reunion circuit with dance moves like that? And before you even think of me or my husband (we both participated in Greek Shows while in college on winning step teams)--WE HAVE RHYTHM.

Quickly, I realize I have work to do.

Thanks to Comcast and its OnDemand) features we have been able to study with the best choreographers in L.A. in the comfort of our own home.

The kids can successfully ~as good as one with no rhythm~ do the Soulja Boy and even a little step from Beat It. After coming home from a work trip in DC, my oldest had a surprise. He mastered some the moves from Thriller. This is music appreciation, folks, at it best.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin