Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Changing Habits

So, lately with my running I have been trying to change my eating habits, exercise habits and overall lifestyle. Here are a few changes I have made so far:

1.) Not searching for the closest parking space

2.) Eating more raw vegetables

3.) Buying and consuming wheat and grain products

4.) Bringing my lunch to work

5.) Implementing our reading power hour at 8pm

Things that I should probably work better on:

1.) Eating two chocolate chip cookies after I have had such a healthy lunch 2 days in row

2.) Drinking Sprite with my healthy lunch

3.) Not letting my veggies swim in ranch dressing--I love ranch

4.) My soon to be Michelle Obama arms--I am slacking--what will she think at the wedding?

5.) Enforcing our reading power hour at 8pm

Things my kids have picked up from the changes I have made:

1.) They drink water!!!

2.) The oldest runs with me in the evening. He pushes me. Yesterday the youngest got out of his little buggy and ran down our street the rest of the way home. I got me some little runners on my hands. If only I can get their dad to join. I am still working on him. Apparently he thinks he is too cool to exercise.

3.) They watch less TV

4.) They are spending more time reading

I am trying to lead by example. I have decided to stop complaining about work, fatigue and hunger in front of them. I am exuding positivity for them much as I can tolerate. However, I did yell at them last night after I told them way too many times to get in the shower.

I know. I'm a work in progress.

5 comments:

jmt said...

Those sound like really great changes and efforts on your part. And recognizing is the first step, right? :) I will be very jealous if you end up with MO arms. I really need to work on doing weights myself. I slack in that area, certainly. Good work on the changes and good luck with keeping it up! Happy Thursday.

N. Angail said...

Keep it up. You're making great changes.

loves Gumbo said...

Wow! was just reading that running will help you to live to 100 years old. We try to stay positive, but sometimes we fail. I really let a lazy tire guy have it in front of my kids yesterday. It was truly bad, but I couldn't seem to stop myself. Oh well, start again...

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are making great progress! I need to take a page out of your book. Especially with the running.

Unknown said...

Reading power hour sounds great! I wonder if I can implement that into our evenings? Hmmm. After football practice?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin