Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Monday, July 6, 2009

He Knows Michael Jackson Music When He Hears It

Yep, you read right. He knows it and not just one song. Every since MJ passed away we have been on Michael Jackson overload. His videos are everywhere and Comcast OnDemand has provided us with wealth of a MJ music library. Last year when Michael turned 50, Comcast paid tribute to him by making all types of videos and interviews available OnDemand. My oldest son fell in love with his music and has been a fan ever since.

His words were when he learned of Michael Jackson's death, "Oh, I just wish I could have seen him in real life."

To my surprise--although I should not be--my two year has become a fan as well. Yes, ladies and gentlemen---Michael was an ultimate performer for all ages. I don't care what you think about his personal life but his music is immortal.

I heard him singing last week, "Dwwi-lllllla, Dwilla my!"
Translation: Thriller, Thriller Night!

He even knows it is Michael Jackson when he hears it. The other day I heard him singing, "Deedet, Deedet!"
Translation: Beat It! Beat It!

We live close to the President Clinton Library and attended their family fest for the fourth of July. They had a dance group on stage who paid tribute to Michael Jackson by mixing up some dance moves along with his music.

You think my baby didn't get out there in front of the stage and bust a move? Oh, yes he did with all of the rhythm he could conjure up, which was not much but he was giving Michael his respect. He kept saying "Midul Daxon!"

Strange how kids pick these things up. We are not even die hard Michael Jackson fans but I guess you can say we love his music. I always say that your kids are an exaggerated reflection of you (except the part where they have no rhythm--I just cannot claim that).

R.I.P. Michael Jackson!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin