Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Monday, July 6, 2009

I am raising the President's Son-in-Law

My oldest son and the President's youngest daughter share a birthday. They are exactly the same age. Doesn't that mean that it is their destiny to be together?

My best friend always makes a note that we are raising our sons to be someone's husband. Can't I just say that I am raising my son to be Sasha Obama's husband? Who better to groom my son to marry than the president's daughter? If I have not taught my son anything, it is to only accept the very best. Can't you just see Michelle and I helping Sasha pick out her wedding gown?

*pause*

Ten years from now I'll be blogging about it!


To celebrate the special occasion we gave my son an electric Razor scooter. He loved it. Of course, I was sad because he is no longer the little gift I received before I graduated college. He is my big gift full of energy, sensitivity and kindness. He is still that caring individual who always makes sure that Mommy is okay. He is my sweetie pie who is now eight. Oh my gosh, it makes me sad just think about it.

5 comments:

Harriet said...

Girl, they'll be 18 and moving out before we know it! One time, my son, who was 18 months at the time, was sprawled out on my mom's couch in a little sweatsuit. I looked down the stairs at him sleeping so peacefully, I blinked and looked down again, and for a split second, he looked like he was 16, home from basketball practice, sprawled on the couch. It was scary and sweet all balled up into one.

We have to enjoy them, love on them, build them up and tell them that no only can they be the POTUS' son-in-law, but a contributing member of society as well. Great post!

jmt said...

Alright, this is the SECOND blog today that talked about their little boys growing up too fast. I can't take it today! I just want to leave work and go cuddle. Dang it. *sniffle*

jmt said...

Oh, and p.s. I think it DEFINITELY means they're destined.

TRochelle said...

lol I love this post as well. I am not sure those Obama ladies will be good enough for my diamonds in the rough lol. This is just too cute.

Tara said...

I like that thought: You're raising someone's husband/wife. Oooh, wow. That's deep.

And I can picture you and Michelle fussing over wedding details. Man, that would be fun. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin