Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

I blinked and June passed by...

June just whisked by me so fast. We went on vacation and when we came back it was on and popping. I feel like I need another vacation just to get over June. I plan to take a day or so in July when the kids and husband are away at work and summer camp.

My vacation was a blast. I feel like it was short and could have been longer but I will definitely know for the next time. Yes, we all agreed that we will do it again. My immediate family---husband, 2 kids and me-- have been going on vacation for the past three years and I would recommend every family do it. It does not matter where you go, just as long as you are all there and it is away from the house, your house.

The last two vacations we went to Disney World. We have great memories but the last time was more tiring than fun and we experienced a sick child while traveling. Let me just say this: TRAVEL INSURANCE IS WORTH IT! My husband and I decided that a much needed, more relaxing vacation was the only way to go for the next time.

This year we went to Panama City Beach, Florida. They have beautiful beach water. It is a very laid back town. This vacation we went with my mom, her husband, their 14 year old, my older brother and his wife and 4 kids plus me and my family. We had 14 total when you include my nephew from my younger brother. My younger brother is in the Navy sand he could not get leave to go but we enjoyed his son instead. There were a total of 5 boys ages 7-13, two 2 year olds and one 15 year old girl. We had a wide range in ages with the kids ages.

We rented a 4 bedroom house that we had no complaints about. It was gorgeous! We may rent it again next year. Our time consisted of beach, beach, and more beach! It was inexpensive and I suggest to anyone to take a vacation with extended family because my husband, brother, sister-in-law and I went out two nights in a row. We got the best of both worlds: vacation with the kids and some alone time in the evening. We had so much grilled food that when we made it back home we wanted no beef, pork, or chicken. And you won't believe we were by the beach for 5 days and did not eat any seafood. I know, right!?! It's probably a sin to go to the beach and not have seafood. We had to get all the way home in order to realize our one regret from the trip.

Needless to say, we had fish upon arriving home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin