Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

You know what else happened in June?


My husband celebrated his 30th Birthday, we sort of celebrated our 2nd anniversary, and father's day came and went.

I was so busy planning my husband's surprise birthday party that I didn't do anything for our anniversary. He landed a new BIG account so he did nothing as well. I know -- We suck.

However, I threw him a fantastic party with our closest family and friends attending. It was perfect, aside from my crappy decorations. I was so excited to do it for him. He told me a couple years ago that he had never had a birthday party . I thought that was strange. I asked his mom and she confirmed his statement. Therefore I threw him a party that I am still getting great kudos for. I receive serious brownie points from him.

I did not tell my oldest son until 4 hours before the party because, I knew he would have blown my cover. Once he was told, his response was priceless.

"Well I hope no one told him!"

4 comments:

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

LOL!!! And how sweet that you threw his first birthday party!!! Very, very cool.

Thanks for stopping by MBB today, and for your vote. It means the world to me!

D.

jmt said...

LOL I HOPE no one told him either! That's adorable. And 4 year olds are RATS...good decision. Hubs buys ours little treats here and there and they try and keep the sugar treats a secret from me, but he always rats them out. I'm popping over from SITS roll call. Happy Friday!

Leslie said...

Stopping by from SITS to say hello! Wow, surprise birthday parties are always hard to pull off! Great job for doing that. And happy 30th to your hubs. Years ago (like over 20) I had a 30th birthday party for my husband. And we still talk about it to this day. FUN!

Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Dee said...

Ha! I'm visiting from SITS, just joined last week.

Like you I'm black and a wife and mom and I love being a mom.

I could just hear my son saying the same thing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin