Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

That's why you a midget head!

That is what some bad ass behavior challenged kid said to my son before I finally intervened. Yep, I was truly pissed upset when my son was verbally attacked for playing on the rock wall at the playground. I don't care if you are shorter than four feet tall. The mama lion emerges.

I saw the rock wall and decided it would be a great place to set up play on this beautiful (past) Sunday. There were kids already on it. This usually means a good a good time for my kids. Most kids like kids and they make friends easily, including mine. But, oh were these kids cut from a different cloth. You know the bad ass cloth.

As soon as my oldest son approached the wall he was taunted by the 5 children who already consumed the wall. Their parents were in earshot but not paying attention because they were consumed in their club happenings from the night before (per overheard conversation). The ring leader said, "Look at this stupid boy." Of course the others were his Amen choir. Some just looking and some nodding their heads. My boy retaliated, "So what, you got a problem." He laid the law down that you could not and would not mess with him. Bad ass Behavior challenged kid did not get the message.

He kept going at my son for about 15-20 minutes. My son kept going back and forth with him. I hated to see it but I have been told by husband that boys need to be able to stand their ground. So, I took a back seat. This little boy and my son bickered and played and bickered and played. It was getting on my nerves that my son was responding to such nonsense and that the little boy kept it coming.

SHUT UP, ALREADY! --I thought.

I realized that my sweetie pie eight year old was holding his ground but my two year old saw and heard this altercation. He did not like what he saw or heard. You better not mess with his brother. He walks up to this little boy, who I later learned was five and in the kindergarten and says, "Oh yeah!", with so much attitude. My two year old is a tough little cookie. He is the rough and tough boy and my oldest is Mr. Nice Guy.

The little boy came to me to try and tell on my son. I kept mama lion inside and let out the responsible-parent-who tries-to-teach-something-out-of-every-life-experience even to bad ass behavior challenged kids that do not belong to her. I told the little boy, "I saw you and him speaking to each other in a way that was not nice." (Why is this little boy's mama not paying attention?) I told him and my son that if they had such a problem with each other why not squash it and decide to be friends. You know start fresh

I don't want to be his friend!

The look of horror came across my face because it was not the little boy who said that. It was my son---Mr. Nice Guy. *sigh* Mmmm,kay.


Me: Well if you are not going to be friends then stop talking to each and play. I will not hear anymore name calling or mean talk.

Neither of them responded but, they went on playing without any more words toward each other. Oh, good. I thought. Peace.

Then the little bad ass behavior challenged kid walked across the playground equipment that my son was hanging upside-down from and stomped on his hand. I had listened to enough. I told my two kids to come on. My eight year old was upset to leave but he came. My two year on the other hand was in motion to attack the little boy. Needless to say, I scooped him up and we left. My oldest told me he did not want to fight him because he was younger and smaller. I agreed and added that it would not have solved anything. He said, " I just couldn't stand him talking to me that way. I just had to say something every time."

Better him than me 'cause I can think of plenty of things I wanted to say that were not appriopiate play ground talk.




(My rough and tough with one of the nicer kids at the park that day)

4 comments:

jmt said...

You are better than me...just snatching your kids and leaving. I would have lectured the hand stomping bad kid LOUD, and then walked him over to his respective parent and lectured THEM. And then? Who knows? I might have stomped on their feet. :) Good work trying to teach, though!

N. Angail said...

I know that was hard to watch. My daughter is a tiny baby but I have some nieces and nephews and I can jsut see myself getting a kids face for messing with them. Kids do need to learn to hold their own ground, but I dont play when it comes to my family!

Ms. Understood said...

You did good mama!! First off, I wouldn't have been able to stay out of it, but ur hubby is right, you gotta let little boys find themselves out there. I love ur little boy being such a warrior. That was me too.

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

I'm not sure what I would have done. I probably would have walked away too, but I really would have wanted to take a switch to his legs for stepping on my boy! Then again, I might have just told my boys to jump him! LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin