Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

This Christmas

I'm finally in the Christmas Spirit. All it takes is a little Urban Holiday Yahoo Music and I am there. I'm still trying to find my family some PJ's we can all wear them on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. We'll see if my husband goes for it. My kids and I have made semi-homemade Christmas ornaments with materials we found at Michael's. I helped with each but mostly they crafted all by themselves...well my eight year old did. We plan to make more on tomorrow night.

Here is my older son's ornament:



Here is the little one's:




I am so glad to have found the Christmas Spirit because the job front is so up in the air right now and I was little down. It looks like I will have a paycheck in 2010 but not sure if I will be at my current office or in a different office. I am not sure if I will take a pay cut or not. All the instability was driving me crazy......until Urban Holiday Yahoo Music found me.

I love Christmas music. I can listen to it all day everyday during this season. My favorite Christmas song is This Christmas by Donnie Hathaway. I've posted it below for you all to enjoy. Happy Holidays!



What is your favorite Christmas song?

7 comments:

Intense Guy said...

:) Cute lil' green guy.

My favorite song would be "Oh Holy Night" played solely on a violin - for very sentimental reasons.

SurferWife said...

Adorbale little oranments! Your little ones did a great job!!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Grand Pooba said...

Those ornaments are so cute! We used to do that when I was young too, we loved it.

I hope the job situation works out well for you!

Anonymous said...

I love the song! I've never heard it, but I am so tired of hearing "Wham" on the Christmas radio channel - you need to send them your record!!

You can find my favorites in the following post:
http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/2009/12/06/sing-we-now-of-christmas-songs-for-the-season/

Merry Christmas!

Keyona said...

Let It Snow by Boyz II Men is my favorite! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Heather said...

Those are some adorable ornaments! And especially cute when they're done by little hands.

jmt said...

My little brother used to sing xmas songs in JULY. I hated it and began having a very great disdain for xmas songs. It wasn't until this year, maybe a bit last year, that I finally found some xmas spirit. Phew...my kids are getting older...I can't be a bah humbug forever.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin