Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Monday, December 14, 2009

TMI, but bare with me...

I had a great interview on Thursday. It was so good that, immediately after, I was asked to come back on Monday morning for a second interview. I had to turn that time down. It was too short a notice and she said it was the only time. I had an important meeting scheduled with my current job at the same time. I hope the company I interviewed with will have a heart and realize I would be an asset and call me back. We shall see. Yet, Thursday was, still, a good day.

Later that evening I went to my oldest son's basketball practice. When it was over my husband ( he was already there because he is the coach) walks up to me and gets ready to speak but looks at me strange and says "Look at the big hickey on your neck! Looks like someone thumped you on your neck!"

WTH?!?!

I felt like a teenager coming home from a school basketball game, whose mother just confronted her about where she'd really been and who with because the evidence was all over her neck (disclaimer: this never happened to me.....)

Well, I go to the bathroom and there it is.

(the picture does not do it justice which is good because I don't want you guys to think differently of me)

Yep, my husband put a nice one on my neck and I interviewed with it stamped on my neck, "You had a good time before you came to this interview!"

I am so embarrassed because I hope to schedule a another interview with this company. I don't guess my impression was too bad because they did want me to come back but I am still embarrassed, nonetheless. (Just not too embarrassed to post about it, ha ha!)

9 comments:

Radical Selfie said...

Heeeyyyy! I love it! A li'l hubby love is always good, hehe! The interviewers probably didn't notice.

I wish you luck on your call-back!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

ahahaha! looks like something that would happen to me! Thanks for stopping by Momfiles :)

Intense Guy said...

Goodness. I'm with Execmama - they probably didn't notice - especially if you were keeping good eye contact and hitting 'em with a smile.

Hope they call you back and you get the job (if YOU want it).

jmt said...

Just say that you were wrestling with your kiddo and got a burn from their shoe or something. Anything with boys is possible! I actually went to an interview with a busted lip from a head butt my kid gave me. Got the job. :)

La'Tonya Richardson said...

That's like walking around with your dress tucked in all day. I have to say it was very funny! But I'm not laughing at you... with you.

LB said...

Hilarious! I heard the cold spoon technique works for hickeys

Mocha Dad said...

Be proud of your hubby lovin' and flaunt it.

*Tanyetta* said...

We used to call them passion marks!

You were all up in your interview and they were smiling and nodding! LOL

Tooooo Funny!!!!

Renae said...

I know I'm late commenting, but I'm new to your blog. This story ws HILARIOUS!! That's so something that would happen to me. Too funny!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin