Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Random thoughts on a Wednesday


* My husband gave me a surprise birthday party this past Saturday. I didn't see it coming! When I get pictures I will be sure to share.

* I was sick this past weekend. I was probably sick at the party. Being sick seriously sucks.

* The heater in my office is broken. That sucks, too.

* Tiger Woods is now a CHEAT-AH! (LOL! I read that one on Facebook.)

* My son's glasses have been broken 5 times in the last thirty days. Thank goodness we got the warranty.

* I don't have any little girls but I am excited about Disney's The Princess and the Frog. I may get my oldest niece to go with me.

* I had a job interview yesterday. I have another job interview with a different company on Thursday and another on Monday. None of them are making me jump out of my seat but I am thankful.

* I love free lunch at work.

*I want to redesign my blog but don't know how. Anybody willing to do it for free? I will give you kudos for life!

* I know I never posted pictures of my newly uncluttered house but that is because it got worse. Sorry, those pictures may or may not come at a later date. I'm a slacker.

* I have yet to decorate our Christmas tree but it has already been knocked over 3 times. KIDS!

8 comments:

Rita Templeton said...

That Tiger joke? Was AWESOME. It's even better because I can remember it and won't mess it up (like I do 99.9% of the jokes I attempt to tell!).

About your blog redesign - I did mine myself, with ZERO prior knowledge of how to do it. (In fact I still have to research how to do every little thing, LOL.) Two words for you: GOOGLE and PATIENCE. I literally Googled eeeeverything (like "3 column template for blogger" and "how to create a blog header"). I bought my image and my background from a stock photo site for like $5 and used a free Photoshop knockoff program to design my header.

It was definitely time-consuming, but so worth the pain in my butt - I've gotten many compliments on my site design and didn't have to pay for it! :)

Intense Guy said...

I'm glad you got the eyeglass warranty too! I bet your son feels like I did when I broke mine growing up... its a horrible feeling - and it was alwas an accident!

Hope you feel better soonest!

La'Tonya Richardson said...

I am also looking forward to Disney's, The Princess Ane The Frog. I have four girls, and we all can't wait to see it. I think we may even wear tiaras when we go.

I'm still trying to do something with my blog. I'm going to pay.

Anonymous said...

As a mother of 5 sons, I don't think I'm going to any princess movie with the boys - at least not any more!

I hope your weekend is simply marvelous - and that your tree gets decorated. We were going to do ours tonight - got the lights up, only to discover that our important box of ornaments and garlands are still at our house that hasn't sold yet over 2 hours away:( I had an I-miss-where-I've-been moment! However, my tree sparkles beautifully!

I hope you find a job that makes you jump! I finally found one and am loving it!

Be blessed!

SurferWife said...

Oooh, you have lots of pictures to upload!! Looking forward to seeing the party and house!!

African American Mom said...

Thanks, Rita.

I am going to apply that PATIENCE over Christmas break. We'll see what I come up with.

JaelCustomDesigns said...

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Belated Birthday, I love surprise parties.

I'm somewhat looking forward to The Princess & the Frog. My daughters haven't really pushed the issue on it so, we'll see!

Tiger is a hot mess! Sucks to be a celebrity when your doing wrong, they air all your dirt!

Don't feel bad, I decorated my fireplace and mantle this weekend, I hung lights & stockings. I still have yet to go out and purchase our tree. We get a real one every year. I procrastinate too!

I'm following your now...

jmt said...

Wow...hickies AND the tree gets knocked over? What kind of household are you running, woman? LOL Sounds like wonderful chaos.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin