Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to Business

Christmas came, then went. I spent it with family. We relaxed, watched some basketball and played some serious Wii. My eight year killed everybody in Super Mario Bros. vs Sonic Olympic Games. His nickname for the day, given by my mother was "Little Nerd Boy". She called him this after he dusted her in table tennis. Can we say Sore Looser!?! He took this name with pride.

New Years came, then went. We spent this day with friends and family. The night was spent playing a major Connect Four tournament. We had a bracket and a $10 pot. It was good fun. The kids and adults had a great time. I am not a drinker but I am told that Connect Four was fun because it was mixed with Margaritas.

I am still alive and kicking. I still have a job. I still have Facebook. Life is in auto-pilot.

However, I did make a few resolutions for the year. None of them are major because my number one resolution sort of cancels them out:
NO STRESS! I am like a duck this year. You all can stand by and watch the *ish roll off my back, 'cause it's not staying with me. One more time: NO STRESS.

I did make a few fun resolutions like get back to being more fashionable, be more green, and try to get back to exercising again. Other than those, I am pretty much on an easy track, except for those new, oh so, minor life goals I created back in December.

So, therefore the new years resolutions are purely minimal as opposed to what I really need to be working on. Yet, NO STRESS is my theme in 2010.

FYI...
I was off from work for the past 2 weeks and loved every minute of it. The vacation led to the NO STRESS attitude. It was eye opening.

I researched blogs while I was on break, too. Got some changes in store for this site. Be on the look out. You may return one day and feel slightly refreshed.

one last thing-
Sadly these are the few pictures I took over the break.


The culprit on the left only helped clean the icing bowl...with his face.



Please don't dog my tree. I get better every year.



I love it when he plays copy cat. He loves to pretend to be his big brother. What do you think he's really reading?



Here he is again, seriously at it!

I must take more pictures in the future. I am usually better at capturing my useless time.

8 comments:

Rita Templeton said...

Adorable boys!!! :)

Hey, your resolutions sound just like mine. Especially the "being more fashionable" part ... ugh. My fashion sense has gone AWOL in the four years since my oldest was born. What can I say? Workout pants are just more practical at this point.

Intense Guy said...

Welcome back! And happy 2010!!

Your tree looks a lot better than mine! (Mine never came out of storage LOL)

I like your resolution - No stress... I should try that too!

Your not-so-little ones look like they enjoyed Christmas. :)

So what became of the hickey-job?

LenzLove said...

Ahhh, so cute. I love that he's pretending to read books. That's what my twins did and there 4 now and can sound out words to read. I love it!
Thanks for stopping by my Photography blog. I need to develop more of my Thousands of pictures I take and share them. My goal for 2010 is to post at least once a week with my new photos.
Happy New Year to you & your family!
~Daisy

Radical Selfie said...

I'm with you on the Stress-free year!! I wish you all the best for 2010 and beyond!!!

JaelCustomDesigns said...

Happy New Year!

I love your 1st resolution! I need to implement that into my year. Getting back into the swing of things has been so hard this week and yet it's only Tuesday! I hope it gets easier.

Great pics of the kids, at least you put up a tree... I decorated my fireplace hung stockings and called it a day. We usually do real trees every year but, hubby didn't want to get it right after Thanksgiving when I said something about it. He wanted to wait until it was closer to the holiday which equals "alomost the last minute" when dealing with him, and the budget diva and deal seeker that I am wouldn't allow me to spend upwards of $50 on a tree that would only be up for a few days. We usually take it down right after New Year's. So, no tree this year! The kids didn't seem to be affected by it at all!

Okay, I think this comment is long enough. Talk to you soon! :-)

African American Mom said...

@Rita- Workout pants are the all the RAGE this year! They are stress free!

@Lenz- you give me great hope!

@Intense- they never called me back. You have put it on my mind to give them call. MUST. GET. MIND. OFF. CHRISTMAS. BREAK.

African American Mom said...

@Jael- I wonder how my kids would react to no tree? Where did you put the presents?

jmt said...

Cleaning up icing with your face? That sounds about perfect to me! :) Dog your tree? No way! I won't be posting a pic of mine. Judgment is too much to bear when you're pregnant. Hee hee.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin