Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Help Haiti

This is a simple request.

When Katrina happened I was angry. I wanted so badly to go to Louisiana and just help. I wanted the schools in Arkansas to shut down and house all the evacuees. I am having those same feelings now. So, I found something I can do.

Let's do our part:

The Clinton Foundation – Text “Haiti” to 20222 to donate $10 or go to clintonfoundation.org.

The American Red Cross – Text “Haiti” to 90999 to donate $10, visit redcross.org or call (800) RED-CROSS.

Wyclef Jean’s Yele Haiti Foundation – Text “Yele” to 501501 to donate $5 or visit yele.org.

The Clinton Foundation – Text “Haiti” to 20222 to donate $10 or go to clintonfoundation.org.

12 comments:

La'Tonya Richardson said...

It looks like everyone wants to help.Blogger gives us the opportunity to get the word out. Good looking out!

Rita Templeton said...

If you could see me, you'd see that I'm totally giving you a standing ovation. More people need to broadcast this very important info!!!

Intense Guy said...

The horror of the pictures from Haiti is mindnumbing.

It is heartwarming to see people gathering themselves together to lend a hand and assistance.

Debbie said...

Good for you for spreading the word. I donated to ARC as soon as I heard about the earthquake.
Came over from SITS.

Alexis Voltaire said...

Great links, I was hoping to find some somewhere so I could repost them. Great thing you, and many others are doing. Power to you! (I will be linking back to you in my post, as well.) :)

Alexis Voltaire said...

Here's my post where I mentioned you, if you're curious-- http://www.cosa18.com/2010/01/lets-restore-haiti-to-beauty-happiness.html

Thanks again~

Unknown said...

I donated to a charity in Charleston, SC that is delivering 10 water pumps tomorrow. Great post. Stopping by from SITS!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the link info. We are still waiting to hear from family that is missing and all I can do from here is donate and pray. Thank you soooooo much.

My best, Lynn

Deidra said...

Yes. It feels good to be able to do something.

Grand Pooba said...

That's great! They need so much help!

Mocha Dad said...

I've made donations to a few organizations, but we want to do more. My wife and I even discussed adopting a child from Haiti. We need to do more research.

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I have donated and I have children that have been looking for ways that they can help. One wants to do a clothing drive. Lord, I am so proud that we are stepping up to help these people!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin