Pages

Ads 468x60px

About Me

My Photo
I am an old blogger who has found their way back to the internet. I love being a mom, an African American, spending time with my husband and shopping online. I waste time on Facebook and I do not spend enough time on Twitter. Reading is my favorite past time but bad reality shows are my guilty pleasure. Here, I blog about parenting, businesses and their successes, and innovation.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What are little boys made of?

....Frogs and Snails, and Puppy-dogs Tails


I have boys. I have wild boys. They are messy, sloppy, wasteful, and dirty. It's an on going struggle to keep up after them because they are always on the go. They go to school, practice, (sometimes) church. They visit with my mom. They go visit with my dad, my father-in-law and my mother-in-law. We go to the zoo. We go to the museum. We go, go, go.

My oldest son plays sports all year round. This means I am constantly washing jerseys, and sports bottles, as well as packing bags and keeping up with mouth pieces. Let's not even touch on keeping up with his glasses or trying to make sure they stay in one piece. I think we can easily say that he keeps my husband and I ripping and running around town, a lot.

Then there is the little one who is by far the wildest one of the two. Did I say wildest? I meant to say rowdiest. My mom nicknamed him Tasmanian Devil when he was about nine months old. He is annoyingly destructive and loud. When we are running all over town for my oldest, the little one is being dragged along. It is mostly me who is there to mangle him while my husband (the usual coach of said sport) is working with the oldest son. I become a multitasking phenom of sorts while trying to watch the game, watch him and chat with the other "said sport" moms.

At home is where the rowdy activity festers. For some reason someone decided that the light saber would be a great toy.
Mr. Toy Maker, did you even think about my son's glasses? Did you think about
my laptop? And what about my TV? Exactly what did you think kids were suppose
to do with those? Swing them around and not hit a thing? Mr. Toy Maker, how
was my mother suppose to not walk out of the store with one for each of her
grandsons who love Star Wars?
Batman, Spiderman, Super Hero Squad, and legos rule the land at my end of the cul-de-sac. There is nothing like walking in from work, taking your shoes off and walking towards the kitchen and your foot meet Batman's motorcycle with one wheel. Ouch! While recovering from the encounter you come across the kool-aid infested shoe because the little one wanted to try his hand at pouring his own drink and for some reason or other thought that drinking out of his shoe would be the best idea. Oh, do I have boys or what!

When I look back at all the mess and noise, I wonder what it would have been like to have girls instead. I, then, step back and remember myself as a kid over analyzing and over reacting to everything and decide that my boys are okay. No, they are great! Spill something......walk around it. Break something.....keep it moving. Loose a toy....pick up another. I can learn some de-stressing strategies from them.

I love them!



What's in there?



Oh....Mr. Freeze.



Batman must have trapped him.



Probably because he made this mess.



With plenty of help from Buzz Lightyear, obviously.

5 comments:

*Tanyetta* said...

Boys are so much fun!

jmt said...

Oh, lady, you've inspired me to make a photo-op post about boys!!! I could NOT pick up for ONE WHOLE DAY (or hour) and get so many snapshots to choose from! I might even start tonight....

Boys are certainly the knowers of fun, though. I need to take a lesson from them myself. Girls are so....CONSUMED with all things thoughtful. Blah!

I'm anxious about WHEN to start my boy in sports more frequently. He still requires so much sleep I just don't think he's ready to get entered anything LONG term at 5. Blah. We'll work it out when the money comes available! Ha!

Grand Pooba said...

This is what I have to look forward to? LOL

Ms. not Mrs. said...

stopping by from SITS...your boys are so cute.

Intense Guy said...

Ahh.. such good fun! I wish I was young again and could join 'em!

:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin